Sunday, December 5, 2010

Slammin Sub

Another one of my finds was at an unexpected freaky-fast delivery sub shop. Since being diagnosed, I'm always on the hunt to find places to go out to eat so that I'm not cooking all of the time. There are times when the tedium is just too much. Even the most diligent person needs a break at times, and we all know that I'm not the most diligent diabetic bat in the world.

So, there I was at Jimmy John's wondering about their bread and how problematic it would be for me. I just wanted a sandwich that wasn't from Subway, Quizno's or Eeggee's. For you unenlightened (and possibly protesting) individuals, Eeggee's is a local (very local) sandwich shop. They are a 'Tucson Original!' and are proud to boast that fact. I could take it or leave it.

I looked to the right and there was the sign. "Make ANY sandwich into an UN-wich!"

What? An Unwich? No bread and wrapped in lettuce? Glorious!



At just under 12g of Carbs, this sandUNwich is a roller coaster ride into forgotten bliss. I wouldn't recommend having it every day as it's 770 calories, but every now and again, you have to treat yourself.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment