Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Double-Double Burger (Protein Style)

So, when I do go out, I like to know what I can eat so I don't really wreck my glucose levels.

One of my favorites is the Double-Double Burger. The fact that In-and-Out makes it protein style is just a blessing for folks like us who are not only diabetic but concerned about carbohydrates!

The sandwich starts off with two 100% pure beef patties, hand-leafed lettuce, tomato, sauce, two slices of American cheese, and onions stacked high on leaves of lettuce. There is no bun to worry about!

Bypass the french fries though. I know it's tough. I know that you want them. I know that they are making your mouth water just by thinking of the fresh cut potatoes that are fried in 100% vegetable oil. Do yourself a favor, don't get the fries. You'll only be regretting the decision later.








Double Double Protein StyleFresh Cut French Fries


If you think about it, you could nearly six, (SIX) of the double cheeseburgers wrapped in lettuce for the equivalent carbohydrate punch of just one little box of those golden fries. It's all about choices. For me, it's an easy choice to make.

Your mileage may vary, but enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment