Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

It’s been a week since I saw my Diabetic Consultant.

The best thing about having diabetes is that you can start over when you fall down or become lax. It is also the worst thing. I had become comfortable in my routine and began to only test once per day (if I remembered). I wouldn’t suggest it. The work I’m putting in to get back on track is pulling me down paths that I thought I had already put behind me.

Paths are bi-linear. They always will have at least two ways you can walk them. It’s dangerous to think that you’ll never get lost on a familiar path or that the obstacles on that path are not just as intimidating as they were in the beginning. No matter your team, be they family, friends, pharmacist, physicians, fools, freaks, fairies, fencers, philanthropists, phrenologists, or any number of other folk, they will not truly know what you’re going through until they walk your path and see things as you see them.

For all of you Nay-Sayers, please understand that I’m not disrespecting your empathy. Just understand this: conception is not reality. For you non-diabetic folks I know that you can conceive of what the situation might like, but you will never know unless you are in the same situation. God love you for the support that you’re giving anyway! As a diabetic I do appreciate the work that you do and I know, yes know, that your diabetic does too.

So, for today, I am thankful for all of you in my situation to provide me guidance and camaraderie during my path to control this tiger that I have inside of me. I am thankful for my family, friends, pharmacist, physicians, fools, freaks, fairies, fencers, philanthropists, phrenologists, and the many number of other folk who have both endured and inspired me along the way.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment